• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor Plans On Blocking Access to Park RV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gracie2

What is the name of your state? Washington

My neighbor is planning on building a fence right on his property line which would prevent us from parking our RV next to the side of the house. We do have to drive over their property line a foot or so to angle the RV next to the house. Do I have any legal rights to prevent them from blocking access? It's the only access to the back of my house.

I am talking to the neighbor to see if we can come to an agreement but based on previous discussions I'm not hopeful that we'll get this resolved.

while it may be convenient for you to drive over his property, it is HIS property and if he wants to install a fence, you have no right to stop him.

justalayman

while it may be convenient for you to drive over his property, it is HIS property and if he wants to install a fence, you have no right to stop him.
surely you jest sally. You mean the owner of a property actually has a right to control their own property? Even if the neighbor is inconvenienced?

Wow, what's this world coming to when somebody can do what they want on their own property?

LOL**************I totally empathize that it is an inconvenience for the RV owner. He should have looked at that before he bought the RV, should have looked at that when he bought his home......No way would I not fence in to let a neighbor drive over my land!!!!!!!

justalayman

LOL**************I totally empathize that it is an inconvenience for the RV owner. He should have looked at that before he bought the RV, should have looked at that when he bought his home......No way would I not fence in to let a neighbor drive over my land!!!!!!!
money and a subservient attitiude (aka "kissing ass") can go a long way to changing my mind about the neighbor driving across a small section of my land though.

LindaP777

I'm thinking that the neighbor is tired of looking at the side of a huge RV. They don't belong parked in a subdivision. Seriously. They are fun, but unsightly.
Better start checking out month rates at the local store and lock facility.

woodyga

Sorry Gracie

Gracie,
What were you thinking??? What makes you think you can trespass on your neighbor even just a little bit????? I agree with the other responders, start looking for a place to rent to store your RV. Many subdivisions have covenants and restrictions that strickly forbid storing an RV on your property, for many of the reasons stated above. My subdivision doesnt and my neighbor has an RV that he stores behind his garage he cant see it from his house but I sure can from mine . I had to plant trees and shrubs to hide it from my otherwise peaceful view.

Maybe your neighbor read my post in this forum ( search "how to unshare a shared driveway") and is stopping your encroachment now and saving the expense of when you try to sue him latter for adverse possession. Have you tried to buy that little strip of land that you need from him?

Woody,

Last edited:
Say Good Night, Gracie

Whoa! I think it's really mean of that neighbor not to let the RV be driven over his property. If he were a nice neighbor, he'd not only allow the RV to be driven over his land, but he'd also leave his back door open in case the RV driver needed to gain access to his refrigerator so he could be refreshed with a couple of cold ones -- on the house, of course.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">