• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor plays a loud music when they work or play outside in the yard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shawnusa

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mass

My neighbor plays a loud music when they work or play outside in the yard. It is happening between 10am to 7pm every weekend. I can hear it even inside my house. It is a very nice neighborhood by looking from outside and on the street. I expect it is a quite neighborhood before I bought this house. I do not know if there is any law that prevents them from doing that. I have not talk to them about this issue yet, just want to get more information before decide what to do. I do not want to offend them if they have the right to do it.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks!!!

shawnusa

Well you should talk to them.

Interested in noise laws? Most of these are local ordinances .. call your police department and ask.
Thanks!

I just moved into this new neighborhood. Only said hi one time to them. I do not know if it is a good idea to go to them and talk about that right now or should I wait a little longer.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thanks!

I just moved into this new neighborhood. Only said hi one time to them. I do not know if it is a good idea to go to them and talk about that right now or should I wait a little longer.
Yours is not a legal question...

usafdrew

I would definitely talk to them first. Maybe even get to know them a bit before you bring up the issue. Remember, these are the people you are going to be living next to for quite a while, so civility is key. Do your best, but don't let them walk on you. People in general do not take orders or criticism lightly.

shawnusa

I would definitely talk to them first. Maybe even get to know them a bit before you bring up the issue. Remember, these are the people you are going to be living next to for quite a while, so civility is key. Do your best, but don't let them walk on you. People in general do not take orders or criticism lightly.
Thank you so much! I'd greatly appreciate your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">