• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor prevents house sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilfordwmn12

What is the name of your state? California

My sister and husband found a wonderful house a year ago and purchased it. Unfortunately, the neighbors have continually hassled them, told lies, yelled cuss words at them, called the police and have even had their kids pour dishwash soap on the car and leave trash in their driveway. These are just a few of the things.

As much as they love the house, they cannot live like this. They have called the police, but all they do is show up and shrug. So they have put the house on the market - but today was the last straw. A potential buyer, who was going to make an offer changed his mind after the neighbor yelled at him from her deck and grilled him as well as saying bad things about my sister and husband.

This woman is preventing them from selling their house. The Real Estate agent saw all. Is there anything that can be done at all?

Not only is this neighbor causing my sister to be very upset everyday, they are also sacrificing by selling their house before the 2 year period is up with the mortgage company - they will lose a couple thousand dollars.

Any help is appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">