• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor Property Access for pool construction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skant

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

My neighbors approached my wife and I about signing off on a "Neighboring Property Access Approval" for the construction of their pool. They want to drive a Bobcat loader between the homes through an area that is only 10 feet wide. Both homes' water and electrical run under that area. The "approval" agreement is that the company is not liable for damages to any underground items including sewer, sprinkler, etc.. Our neighbor states they will assume responsibility if any damage occurs.

Can I just write up documentation outlining what we feel they need to be responible for and have them sign it? Does it have to notarized or done through a lawyer? Is there documentation I can obtain for this and if there is, what is it called?

Our water lines rise up from the ground outside the home to enter the house and I have a fear that the Bobcat will come rolling along and the bucket could snap the pipes right off the house. I would assume that the contractor would be responsible for that, but is that true? Would that be something to add to the documentation to avoid any arguing over who is responsible?

I don't want to stop them from having a pool, but we're concerned. Thanks for any help!

Steve

HomeGuru

skant said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

My neighbors approached my wife and I about signing off on a "Neighboring Property Access Approval" for the construction of their pool. They want to drive a Bobcat loader between the homes through an area that is only 10 feet wide. Both homes' water and electrical run under that area. The "approval" agreement is that the company is not liable for damages to any underground items including sewer, sprinkler, etc.. Our neighbor states they will assume responsibility if any damage occurs.

Can I just write up documentation outlining what we feel they need to be responible for and have them sign it? Does it have to notarized or done through a lawyer? Is there documentation I can obtain for this and if there is, what is it called?

Our water lines rise up from the ground outside the home to enter the house and I have a fear that the Bobcat will come rolling along and the bucket could snap the pipes right off the house. I would assume that the contractor would be responsible for that, but is that true? Would that be something to add to the documentation to avoid any arguing over who is responsible?

I don't want to stop them from having a pool, but we're concerned. Thanks for any help!

Steve
**A: then take the document to your attorney for review.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">