• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor removes older / functioning fence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pauper_72

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I posted about this previously but it has not received a response to the following:

My neighbor removed about 50 - 60' our of 360' of fencing, which sits on the property line (for sake of argument). He has since replaced it with "chicken wire" type with green metal stakes that the fence "hooks" on, but only after police came out and filed a report.

What are my recourses?

Can I replace the fence with an acceptable "esthetically" pleasing (chain link type) fence and charge him for it?

Since he took down only a section, which now will never match the rest, can we replace the entire side of that fence?

In the process of taking this fence down he also cut down grapevines that wrapped the fence and acted as a privacy barrier. Can I replace the foliage and charge him for that as well?

PS - I know this will end up in small claims court! He did this without permission while I was out of town.

pauper_72

Thanks, but

you did post this and we did respond!!!!! Please look a few lines down and please do not double post!!!!
I still have unanswered questions. Can I replace the entire 300 feet so it matches, which it did before he removed the section?

Can I sue him for the replacement of the foliage (privacy barrier)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">