• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor revenge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sevierhere

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI- neighbor has asked several times to cut down a tree of mine that blocks sun from his ABOVE GROUND POOL....yes! ...a Movable above ground pool! after suggesting that he MOVE the pool...rather than cut down a healthy mature tree, I believe he has now taken to calling the township for every small violation he believes I may have committed. Since his retirement, other neighbors have also been the target of his nightly walk...or patrol. The township has a policy of allowing anonymous complaints being made. Is there anything I can do to change this policy...any rights? After visiting the township, they said it's up to the ordinance dept., other dept. .. ask for identification...and say that usually...the serial complainer hangs up the phone when asked to provide name. Also said that they would love to see the anonymous policy changed- as it often Creates more problems...than are solved. ANY ADVICE?

FarmerJ

Ord changes that remove anonymity arent that effective and actually may backfire, First thing I can see happening , example you have a tenant whose LL has done things to skirt around local ords regarding common areas /exterior like say LL creates a garage apt illegally or runs a illegal auto repair shop from property after they move in , tenant is fearful the LL will retaliate if they call inspections , Tenant with a change to ord might not call. Joe and Jane doe three doors down are operating a furniture repair business or non licensed day care with traffic that violates zoning rules. BUT no one will call the city due to ord changes. Customer goes into local cafe and sees mouse crap evidence customer might not come back and may even tell a few friends But if they had to give name when calling city maybe they wont even bother. Do your best to learn what your cities ords arem, If this is a older nieghbor they wont live for ever or maybe they will get bored with you and find new targets. do your best to tough it out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">