• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor shut off well water

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tek175

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I have a neighbor who shut off my connection to a shared well. I already had someone pull up case law on the issue and it shows that I had every right to the well water and he was entitled to fair compensation for useage of the well i.e. electricity and shared maintenance costs. I even have a recording of my conversation with the neighbor where he admitted his attorney told him that I had every right to the water, but that he would not turn it on until I gave up my rights to sue him over the matter. I made every effort to work things out with this A**hole even offering to pay all reconnect expenses and not sue him just to turn the water back on because I was fighting for custody of my children and he refused (partly because he was also friends with my ex-in-laws). This guy even committed perjury in court when he testified for my ex-wife and my divorce attorney said I just need to get copies of the transcripts to push the issue for perjury. As a result of what this guy has done it has affected my visitation with my children, I lost the ability to have custody of my kids (the judge said he was going to place the children with me except that he couldn't because of no running water), I have suffered severe emotional damage and mental anguish and had to live without a basic life necessity for an extended period of time.

What I really need now is some help. The well water dispute I've been told is a real estate attorney's area, yet the attorney's in that field I've talked to said I clearly have a case, but they only address the well costs alone and don't seem to know what to do about the other damages I've endured as a result. I don't know what "category" my case would fall under so that I can properly sue this guy for what's been done or how to go about finding the right help. I really need someone to either work on contingency or payment plan as I've burned through my current resources fighting through my divorce and custody. I'm prepared to file myself if I have to, I just don't know how to write the filings properly or where to file, I also found out that after this guy shut off my well he placed his house into a trust and I was told I would have to name the trust in the lawsuit as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FarmerJ

In All of your paperwork for the home is there a signed well agreement that grants your home water from this shared well ? If this agreement was recorded You could try the links above to arrange a consultation with a Real estate atty. If nothing else perhaps you can find a Atty who can prepare the paperwork to begin to sue him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">