• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor spying on me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jag620

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Out of state owner of house across street rents house out to some of the scummiest people, considering it is a $550,00 house.

Latest renter stands outside in his dirty, gray underwear (not jockey shorts) ALL the time and tries to get my attention, slamming his door repeatedly, whistling, talking on his cell phone or supposedly talking to his dog, and stands among the trees and watches me at length whenever I am in front yard doing yard work, taking trash out, washing car - anything. I have never seen him in full clothing, and as soon as I get outside, he comes out of his house. He was urinating in his front yard one time.

What can I do? I am paranoid to go out front any more. I am a 58 year old single woman who wears baggy, paint stained clothing to work outside in. He must be half my age.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Out of state owner of house across street rents house out to some of the scummiest people, considering it is a $550,00 house.

Latest renter stands outside in his dirty, gray underwear (not jockey shorts) ALL the time and tries to get my attention, slamming his door repeatedly, whistling, talking on his cell phone or supposedly talking to his dog, and stands among the trees and watches me at length whenever I am in front yard doing yard work, taking trash out, washing car - anything. I have never seen him in full clothing, and as soon as I get outside, he comes out of his house. He was urinating in his front yard one time.

What can I do? I am paranoid to go out front any more. I am a 58 year old single woman who wears baggy, paint stained clothing to work outside in. He must be half my age.
What did the police say when you reported this (particularly the urination?)

jag620

Yep, just as I thought. Called the police. They said if he does it again, call them and they will send out an officer.

It takes a minimum of 20 minutes for an officer to arrive where I'm located. Not likely this guy will be hanging out in his front lawn that long. However, they did indicate that at least he would know I will call the police on him, which may deter him from doing it again.

GinAA

Yep, just as I thought. Called the police. They said if he does it again, call them and they will send out an officer.

It takes a minimum of 20 minutes for an officer to arrive where I'm located. Not likely this guy will be hanging out in his front lawn that long. However, they did indicate that at least he would know I will call the police on him, which may deter him from doing it again.
Take pictures the next time he is taking a potty break in the bushes. What's he going to do, call the police on you saying you are taking pictures of him peeing in the bushes?

usafdrew

If you video him doing this and show the police when they arrive, it can be just as good as seeing it themselves in order for them to issue a citation or whatever. It can also be used as evidence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">