• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor taking over side yard...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jbuckert

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My parents' next door neighbors planted trees on their side yard (property site being to the neighbors) but they have now taken over my parents' side yard to access their backyard. My parents do not want a confrontation but I'm afraid that if they don't do something now, they might be unable to do so in the future. As of right now, I noticed that the mulch on their tree is on my parents' property and if my parents choose to extend their fence closer to the front of the house the neighbors would have no way of getting to their backyard door with the trees in the way. What should my parents do?

NC Aggie

Well I would recommend they try to first be nice and explicit about their concerns. If they want to avoid a possible confrontation all together, they could also put up a fence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">