• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor threatening young family

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bhopkins1311

My neighbor threatened legal action over the fence, when we moved into this house the fence was already hanging and pretty messed up.
Now they have a dog that sticks there head through and whines and whines all day long. I’m 20 years old with a wife and newborn. Now the issue is there dogs egg our dogs on and my dogs hit at the fence and since its already a janky fence the fence breaks. 6-7 months ago the neighbor said the fence was damaged in the storm and insurance would replace it.. yesterday my dogs got in there yard. I got a very escalated call and he said insurance is only covering there fence on other side because storm didn’t mess up there fence.. our dogs did.. which isn’t true, I feel like there trying to take advantage of this situation and take advantage that I am a younger home owner. Also he said I have 15 days to fix the fence or he’s taking legal action against me and that he has video and pictures of my dogs tearing up fence and getting in there yard... ugh and i don’t have any picks of fence from when i just moved in... I posted my dogs online to sell them and I can offer to buy a few fence pickets and fix them. What if he wants me to fix the whole fence.. should I push there bluff for legal action, would the judge be understanding that im 20 years old paying for home and family and I sold dogs and offered to fix the pickets that are broken and believe that the fence was already crap when i moved in? Please give some advice as this is putting a lot of stress on our family.

quincy

My neighbor threatened legal action over the fence, when we moved into this house the fence was already hanging and pretty messed up.
Now they have a dog that sticks there head through and whines and whines all day long. I’m 20 years old with a wife and newborn. Now the issue is there dogs egg our dogs on and my dogs hit at the fence and since its already a janky fence the fence breaks. 6-7 months ago the neighbor said the fence was damaged in the storm and insurance would replace it.. yesterday my dogs got in there yard. I got a very escalated call and he said insurance is only covering there fence on other side because storm didn’t mess up there fence.. our dogs did.. which isn’t true, I feel like there trying to take advantage of this situation and take advantage that I am a younger home owner. Also he said I have 15 days to fix the fence or he’s taking legal action against me and that he has video and pictures of my dogs tearing up fence and getting in there yard... ugh and i don’t have any picks of fence from when i just moved in... I posted my dogs online to sell them and I can offer to buy a few fence pickets and fix them. What if he wants me to fix the whole fence.. should I push there bluff for legal action, would the judge be understanding that im 20 years old paying for home and family and I sold dogs and offered to fix the pickets that are broken and believe that the fence was already crap when i moved in? Please give some advice as this is putting a lot of stress on our family.
What is the name of your state, Bhopkins1311?

quincy

Your dogs escaped from your yard, which is a problem. Although there could be some question as to who is responsible for repairing the fence, ensuring a fence is secure enough to prevent the escape of dogs generally falls on the owner of the dogs.

The fact that you are young and have a new baby and are paying for a home is not considered when determining fault in a legal action.

Do you have homeowner's insurance?

quincy

We are selling the dogs this week to ensure it doesn't happen again.
It is too bad that selling your dogs is the solution you are finding best - but you are correct that not having dogs will eliminate the problem of having dogs that escape your control.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">