• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor Tree Trimming Responsibility's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

onedzynr4U

What is the name of your state California (only U.S. law)? I wanted to know if my neighbor is financially responsible for the trimming of my trees, leaning over on their property?

CSO286

What is the name of your state California (only U.S. law)? I wanted to know if my neighbor is financially responsible for the trimming of my trees, leaning over on their property?
So....you promise not to sue him if he has the tree trimmers do a shave job on whatever aspects of the trees that overhang his property, right?

You're responsible, but you also need to obtain permission for he workers to do their job when it requires them to gain access to the trees from your neighbor's yard.

154NH773

I wanted to know if my neighbor is financially responsible for the trimming of my trees, leaning over on their property?
No, unless they are the ones doing the trimming, or wanting you to trim them.

If they tell you the tree is a hazard (and it is), and you do not take action, you could be liable. In that case you would be financially responsible for trimming to eliminate the hazard.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">