• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor Videotaping Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Impatiens

What is the name of your state? California.

My neighbor is being evicted. I'm the target of retalliatory harassement. In one of her frequent rages in the street she claims "I've videotaped her for three weeks!" "I have every square inch of her yard on video tape!"

If this is true, she would have to climb an 8' fence to peer over with the camera. Is this a criminal or civil violation?

Thanks,
Impatiens

Impatiens

BelizeBreeze said:
No.......Next redundant post.
Oh.....Next redundant slam. Belize, if you are so bored here, why bother?

For anyone else interested: The video taping is all outside, my coming and going in the carport, except when she pointed the camera into my window to get my dog to bark. She also videotaped my neighbor inside his home, without his knowledge, for 5 straight hours.

This is a paranoid delusional "professional victim" whose life revolves around proving it's "everyone else's fault".

Thanks for any input.

Impatients.

BelizeBreeze

Impatiens said:
Oh.....Next redundant slam. Belize, if you are so bored here, why bother?

For anyone else interested: The video taping is all outside, my coming and going in the carport, except when she pointed the camera into my window to get my dog to bark. She also videotaped my neighbor inside his home, without his knowledge, for 5 straight hours.

This is a paranoid delusional "professional victim" whose life revolves around proving it's "everyone else's fault".

Thanks for any input.

Impatients.
Go pay an attorney. And STOP posting the same thing over and over again.

You got your legal answer in you FIRST thread.

msiron

In some states, having to peer over a 8 foot fence to video tape is invasion of privacy (called reasonable expectation of privacy)

BelizeBreeze

msiron said:
In some states, having to peer over a 8 foot fence to video tape is invasion of privacy (called reasonable expectation of privacy)
Please post here ANY state statute whereby peering over a fence is considered a crime, or is listed as an 'invasion of privacy'. :rolleyes:

panzertanker

BelizeBreeze said:
Please post here ANY state statute whereby peering over a fence is considered a crime, or is listed as an 'invasion of privacy'. :rolleyes:
BB, you are saying that it is not against the law to have a neighbor come to your house and look over your fence and videotape???

Really? I am looking right now, but for some reason that doesn't sound right. msiron stated that:
msiron said:
I would have thought that having put up a fence that must be "peered" over to see me in my backyard would grant me some form of "reasonable expectation of privacy" so that any yahoo could not get away with "peering" over the fence and videotaping me.
Help me understand that one, b/c I would think that if I show up at your house tomorrow and "peer" over your fence and videotape, you will call the cops and file charges against me....not just for trespass, but for invasion of privacy as well.

Impatiens

BelizeBreeze said:
Go pay an attorney. And STOP posting the same thing over and over again.

You got your legal answer in you FIRST thread.
Belize,
You must have me confused with a different poster who questioned surveillance of his own property. My other post was about audio tape, not video tape.
Impatiens

Impatiens

msiron said:
Thanks for your input. The woman would have to get on a ladder in her own yard AND either a ladder or the back of a pick up bed to videotape all of my yard.

Impatiens

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">