• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor wants me to move fence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vibes

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Nebraska
I consructed a fence last spring and 3.5yrs ago I bought my house and had it survey'd, I had building inspector come and look at were I wanted to put fence and he ok'd and issued a building permit. I constucted the fence because I was tired of looking at my nieghbors junk. My nieghbors garage is on my property by almost 2ft so I went sraight down the property line and over and down the side of his garage. Imidiately he started griping about the fence that he cant get down the drive to his garage and use his garage or maintane the side of it. The reason I put the fence were I did is that I have a sustandard lot and used all the room I had for my kids to play and dog to run. I rescently recieved a letter from his attorney saying that he would like to come to an agreement to move the fence back 2 to 4ft to allow him access to his garage and use his drive way or move it back to the corner of the garage and all the way down the line 2ft and put a gate by the garage to allow him access to maintain the west side of his garage. And doesnt want to go to court because it would cost us both a lot of money. What are my rights I believe my property is mine and dont want to move my fence and think he should move his garage. Thanks

HomeGuru

vibes said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Nebraska
I consructed a fence last spring and 3.5yrs ago I bought my house and had it survey'd, I had building inspector come and look at were I wanted to put fence and he ok'd and issued a building permit. I constucted the fence because I was tired of looking at my nieghbors junk. My nieghbors garage is on my property by almost 2ft so I went sraight down the property line and over and down the side of his garage. Imidiately he started griping about the fence that he cant get down the drive to his garage and use his garage or maintane the side of it. The reason I put the fence were I did is that I have a sustandard lot and used all the room I had for my kids to play and dog to run. I rescently recieved a letter from his attorney saying that he would like to come to an agreement to move the fence back 2 to 4ft to allow him access to his garage and use his drive way or move it back to the corner of the garage and all the way down the line 2ft and put a gate by the garage to allow him access to maintain the west side of his garage. And doesnt want to go to court because it would cost us both a lot of money. What are my rights I believe my property is mine and dont want to move my fence and think he should move his garage. Thanks
**A: is your fence on your own property as verified by the surveyor?

vibes

nieghbor wants me to move fence

Yes the fence is on my property as the survey says. do I half to give him access to his garage for repair. what are my rights

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">