• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor that will not give up...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

caurilio

What is the name of your state? MA

The guy next door called the board of health on my parents about 2 months ago. He claims that a French Drain that was installed before we moved here is all of the sudden ruining his pool. Anyways the Board of Health came out twice and both times ruled in at favor of my parents. We live on a slant and this man is the bottem of the hill. We have had a lot of snow and rain this winter which has caused everyone to get water in thier yards. Well this man did not like what the Board of Health had to say and now this guy that claims he is my neighbors lawyer has been calling... Any advise?

divgradcurl

Not sure what sort of advice you are looking for. Until someone files a lawsuit, there probably isn't anything you can do. Screen your calls, maybe.

FarmerJ

Yeah until he decides to put up money and hire a Atty if call ID or answer machine is too much trouble maybe having phone number changed to non published would be a better choice. Maybe it wouldnt hurt any to get copies of the inspection report to have them handy.

Tell the attorney on the phone that youi have nothing to say to him, that the inspectors have been out 2 times at the request of the neighbor and he lost and that if he intends to file a suit, please hurry up and do so, so that you can file your suit for harassment as quickly as possible. Also make sure to get the name of the attorney and his phone number.

caurilio

Thank you

Thank you for the advise...This guy is crazy. He tries to sue everyone in the neighborhood for stupid reasons. He's one of those people that thinks he owns the neighborhood. The lady across the street even said he molested one of his daughters back in the 70's. His wife looks afraid of him! He's a total nut job!

seniorjudge

The lady across the street even said he molested one of his daughters back in the 70's.

And what happened when the old lady called the cops?

ian_m

This guy sounds like my neighbor! You should be able to get a plat drawing from the county from when the neighborhood was built showing the intended drainage direction. As long as the french drain is continuing how the layout was designed, shouldn't have a problem...

FrankJr

It always take stupid people to ruin a neighborhood! Sounds like you guys need to gang up on him and try to get him to move. It's kind of mean, but hey, he might get the hint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">