• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighborhood Kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

romans58snrsvd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Let me start with some background information. My family moved to a new development about a year ago. There was this one kid who would ride his dirt bike up and down the street. Initially this wasn't a problem. But soon after he started trespassing on private property (on his dirt bike) and had no disregard for anyone else. Earlier this year more kids started moving in and getting involved with him. Now there are about 10 kids that ride their dirt bikes around on public streets and even sit in the middle of the streets and don't move when cars come by. We don't have a local police force but the area is patrolled (very rarely) by PA State Troopers. I was just wondering if there was anything I could do to have the troopers increase patrol or do something to get these kids to stop trespassing.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

154NH773

You are in a development; are the streets private or municipal? Since there are now 10 kids, that must mean there are a number of other parents that this could be discussed with. Perhaps you might approach some of them with your concerns, and suggest that maybe some safe place could be found for their kids to ride.
If you are not in a HOA that has rules and regulations, then you will probably have to rely on the laws of the state regulating motor vehicles, and trespass laws. I will almost guarantee that they cannot legally ride on the streets with unlicensed motorbikes.

drewguy

They're sitting in the middle of a public street? There may be something wrong, but it's not trespassing. Perhaps impeding the flow of traffic. Or just being stupid kids.

Get off my lawn!

usafdrew

I think OP means that the kids are riding on private property and also loitering in the middle of roads. This is delinquint behavior and needs to be discussed with the parents first. I doubt they want their kids getting run over and facing trespassing charges.

romans58snrsvd

I think OP means that the kids are riding on private property and also loitering in the middle of roads. This is delinquint behavior and needs to be discussed with the parents first. I doubt they want their kids getting run over and facing trespassing charges.
Unfortunately it has been brought to the parents. But they don't care what their kids do and cursed out the HOA president. Only one of the houses has their kids in the HOA the others are from across the street and houses that aren't apart of it. This was the reason why I asked it there was any legal action that could be taken.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">