• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighborhood Stalker/harasser

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What_the_heck

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
I've been living in my home for approximately 4 years. Since that time, my family and I have pretty much kept to ourselves as much as possible, not causing any problems or the like.
Around a year ago, I began getting harassing phone calls from my across the street neighbor accusing me of hitting their car when I back out of my driveway. Although this never occured, and I advised them of the same, they had continued to make these harassing calls to my home, each time accusing me of the same. I asked them politely to stop phoning me, and to move their cars from the location if they felt this was taking place, but the calls continued and they continued to park across my driveway. So finally after many frustrating calls, I phoned the police and asked them to put an end to this nightmare.
Since that time, the old woman who lives in that home sits in front of her window day and night watching our every move, and calling the police on us for everything and anything. We've had the cops at our home no less than 15x's in less than a year. Each time the polce show up, of course they need to check and see if there is really a problem, and leave finding nothing was wrong in the first place.
These lunatics even went as far as busting into my new neighbors home next door to us while they were home watching TV, in order to advise them to stay away from us, that we're bad people and told my neighboors of all their fabricated issues with us. My new neighbor came to me to tell me what had occured, and that she felt they were nuts as well.
So, I guess after this whole story, I come to anyone for any advise. I've already gone to the police myself in order to ask that this
stop, and to ask these people to just leave us alone. I really don't want any more problems, or have to go to court over this, or even worst, MOVE, ut I'm at my wits end.
Any suggestions?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
I've been living in my home for approximately 4 years. Since that time, my family and I have pretty much kept to ourselves as much as possible, not causing any problems or the like.
Around a year ago, I began getting harassing phone calls from my across the street neighbor accusing me of hitting their car when I back out of my driveway. Although this never occured, and I advised them of the same, they had continued to make these harassing calls to my home, each time accusing me of the same. I asked them politely to stop phoning me, and to move their cars from the location if they felt this was taking place, but the calls continued and they continued to park across my driveway. So finally after many frustrating calls, I phoned the police and asked them to put an end to this nightmare.
Since that time, the old woman who lives in that home sits in front of her window day and night watching our every move, and calling the police on us for everything and anything. We've had the cops at our home no less than 15x's in less than a year. Each time the polce show up, of course they need to check and see if there is really a problem, and leave finding nothing was wrong in the first place.
These lunatics even went as far as busting into my new neighbors home next door to us while they were home watching TV, in order to advise them to stay away from us, that we're bad people and told my neighboors of all their fabricated issues with us. My new neighbor came to me to tell me what had occured, and that she felt they were nuts as well.
So, I guess after this whole story, I come to anyone for any advise. I've already gone to the police myself in order to ask that this
stop, and to ask these people to just leave us alone. I really don't want any more problems, or have to go to court over this, or even worst, MOVE, ut I'm at my wits end.
Any suggestions?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Unfortunately, there isn't much that you can do unless the police are willing to arrest them for making false police reports. I once knew of a case where a woman like that finally did get arrested, but she had literally been doing that kind of thing to many different people for many years.

John_DFW

I would suggest security cameras, facing only your property.

It is proof to the police you are doing nothing, and proof if they do anything.

blocked

Having the police at your house 15 times in a year is nothing My crazy neighbor files police reports that say while she is looking in my windows she can see me or that I walked to my garage and she could see me that I am in my yard and she can see me or I went to church. the bank, or a store..... I have over 100 reports made against me in 6 month and this has gone on for 2 years. You can not stop her from calling the police on you. You can ask for a restraining order to prevent the harassment but you can not stop the police reports.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">