• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighborly dispute!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dwillar1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

What recourse do I have when my neighbors have removed my fence and property markers because they "believe" the markers and fence are on their property?

drewguy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

What recourse do I have when my neighbors have removed my fence and property markers because they "believe" the markers and fence are on their property?
They removed the markers? Demand that they pay for the reinstallation of the markers. Give them a choice of surveyors. Or have them identify three, from which you can choose one.

If they don't, then you have to pay for a survey and sue for the cost of the survey (assuming it was right) and then sue for the cost of reinstalling the fence if it was in fact on your property. If it was on their property you could sue for the cost of the fence materials if they didn't request that you remove it first, although that's not exactly a slam dunk.

JustAPal00

Who did the original survey and placed the markers that they removed? Was the fence on your side of the markers?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">