• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors abusing permits-

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

puggylove

What is the name of your state? GA
Hello, I am hoping someone can offer some advice. My neighbors' home is an absolute mess. It is completely covered in tar paper and has been for over 6 years. There is exposed, rotting wood all over the house, it is obvious they are not working on it. They have tarps all over their roof, electrical cords running out the back windows of their home into a shack which they use to run their business of making picture frames! They also have a HUGE wooden beam running under the house to support it and whatever parts of the beam are exposed are covered with tar paper. Very attractive. They also have 2 broken down cars in the drive.
My question: They have just gotten a work permit for Dekalb County, GA to make sure no one calls zoning on them. I am certain any inspector with even a little experience could easily see this permit is to cover for the condition, but can anyone tell me if I should still call zoning? What can the county do anyway? Thanks in advance! Also, rats are coming from their crawlspace, too- I had an exterminator who looked at their foundation and said he was 99% certain that they were responsible for harboring the rats.

FarmerJ

All you can do is learn in your county what timelines are given to complete work that some one files permits for and when the time line is exceeded to start complaining loudly to your county commissioners and your countys inspections unit .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">