• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors broken down vehicle on my property for over a year

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tinkanddeet

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law PA
Purchased property that neighbor was unlawfully using, from a third party. (neighbor bought house adjacent to said property and previous owners built a shed illegally on this property) when she moved in she assumed the shed and uses it for storage. I, years later purchased the property behind my house, her house, and another neighbors house. She was told this by me and the seller that she didn't own the property. Months after my purchase of said property, she placed an unused, unrunnable, uninspected, vehicle on the property behind her house, by the shed that I now legally own. I would like to have this eyesore removed. She is not speaking to us because she feels we bought the property out from under her. We were promised the land when it went up for sale, 10 years before she even moved there and the previous owner would not sale to anyone else besides us even though she never inquired about the property. Question.. How can I get the vehicle off my property, has to be legal or she won't budge.

swalsh411

This is not complicated. You tell her in writing she has 10 days to remove the vehicle and then if she doesn't you get a truck and some chains and drag it over to her property.

FarmerJ

Lastly your free to plan on getting a boundry survey done and then fencing in that part of your property , doesnt matter what her feelings are in the matter, it is your land , not hers!

justalayman

(1) A vehicle (other than a pedalcycle) shall be presumed to be abandoned under any of the following circumstances,
but the presumption is rebuttable by a preponderance of the evidence:
( iv ) The vehicle has remained on private property without the consent of the owner or person in control of
the property for more than 24 hours
METHODS OF DISPOSING OF ABANDONED VEHICLES FROM PRIVATE PROPERTY
The following methods do not apply to private parking lots unless such lots are posted to notify the public of any parking
restrictions and the operator/owner of the vehicle violates such posted restriction.

(1) Pursuant to Sections 3352(c) and 3353(c) of the Vehicle Code, the landowner may request a police department
to declare the vehicle to be abandoned and to require a salvor to take possession of the vehicle.

(2) The landowner may personally remove the vehicle from his or her private property to a place of storage pursuant
to Section 3353(c) of the Vehicle Code and may bring an action before a District Justice to recover the costs of
removal and storage. The landowner must provide the vehicle owner reasonable notice of any action initiated
before the District Justice. Once judgment is entered on behalf of the landowner and reasonable notice is provided
to the vehicle owner, the vehicle may be sold at a Sheriff’s sale in execution of the judgment.

(3) The landowner may file suit in Common Pleas Court requesting that an order be entered that (1) awards ownership
of the subject vehicle to the landowner and, (2) extinguishes the right, title and interest of any other person to said
vehicle. Pursuant to Sections 1114(a) and 1116(b) of the Vehicle Code, PennDOT would be able to accept
such a court order as evidence of ownership in lieu of a certificate of title. In order for the applicant to obtain a
certificate of title, a certified copy of the court order must accompany a completed MV-1 form, along with taxes,
fees, and evidence satisfactory to PennDOT that reasonable notice of the court proceeding had been
provided to the vehicle owner, and any other interested party, including anyone whose lien is endorsed upon the
certificate of title for the vehicle according to the records of PennDOT.
tell her to move it NOW or you will contact the police and have them declare it abandoned and they will have it removed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">