• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbors with chickens

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

juliajoe

I live in washington state. My neighbor has chickens that wake me up 4 in the morning. Thay have a double lot and we live in a resadential neighborhood. what can I do legally to get those chickens out of there?

CourtClerk

I live in washington state. My neighbor has chickens that wake me up 4 in the morning. Thay have a double lot and we live in a resadential neighborhood. what can I do legally to get those chickens out of there?
Have a BBQ. Bring lots of sauce.

drewguy

Do local zoning laws allow chickens? If no, calling the zoning office. If so, you're out of luck.

Have you discussed it with your neighbor? Perhaps offering him some money would get them to lose the chickens.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
My neighbors have chicken houses. The other neighbors have a herd of cows. I have donkeys and goats. The front neighbors have yard chickens. It's loud out in the country.

154NH773

Have you lived there long? I know people that don't wake up for a train passing their house because they've gotten used to it.

I agree with drew, and if you can't resolve it, wear earplugs, it's cheaper than moving.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">