• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor's fence on my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

comathon

What is the name of your state?New York State. Hi I have a house that I rent. My next door neighbor put up a fence that is on my property. I just had a new survey, that cost several hundred dollars, that clearly shows he is on our property. How can I handle this problem with out going to an Attorney, which will be more cost to us. Thank you for your time.

JETX

comathon said:
How can I handle this problem with out going to an Attorney, which will be more cost to us.
Send your neighbor a very NICE letter (certified RRR) advising them that they have placed their property (fence) on your property and ask them to remove it. Include a reasonable time (15 days) to do so, or to contact you. Include that if they refuse or fail to respond, then you will be forced to remove their encumberance with costs to be incurred by them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">