• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors Field Lines on my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maranda65

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) My neighbors field lines are on my property and I would like to know if I can have them to remove them? Their septic tank is not on my property, just their field lines. I'm planning to build a house in a few years and they will be a problem for me. Anybody know if I have a legal right to have them removed?

FarmerJ

( what state are you in )The land you own now , ( was there a survey that led to your learning part of the septic system was over the lot line ? was it part of this neighbors property at some time in the past ? How old is the neighbors home (as in when was this septic system installed) Did the neighbor have a permit at the time the system was installed ? ( do you have enough room that you can have your own well and septic and home on this lot even with the neighbors system encroaching ? )

maranda65

I live in Alabama

( what state are you in )The land you own now , ( was there a survey that led to your learning part of the septic system was over the lot line ? was it part of this neighbors property at some time in the past ? How old is the neighbors home (as in when was this septic system installed) Did the neighbor have a permit at the time the system was installed ? ( do you have enough room that you can have your own well and septic and home on this lot even with the neighbors system encroaching ? )
There was a survey done a few years ago, because my neighbor was claiming to own my land. It was determined that the lines were on my property. My property is only 2 acres, so not alot. The neighbors home is about 30 years old. Also, where I plan to build my house, the lines will be a problem for me, because I'm going to dig a basement.

justalayman

Ok. Tell the neighbor to move his drain lines.

If neighbor refuses you really should take it to court to obtain an injunction requiring him to move the lines. Using self help often results in bad results.

latigo

. . . . Were the two properties ever part of the same lot?
(They were once part of Pangaea. Does that count?)

Are you prepared to assure the poster that his neighbor has not acquired a prescriptive easement?

The neighbor's home is said to be "30 years old". So, if those leach lines have existed for as much as 20 of those years, he may have some difficulty getting a court to order that they be removed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">