• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor's House Cat Infestation-Noxious Smell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnnyelvis

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

There is a lady a couple of doors down from me who feeds all the cats in the neighborhood from her house. We do not have a home owners association in our community. The smell of cats feces is sickening and I can smell it from my home. I have complained to our local county animal control center and they have gone as far as setting up cages to remove some of the cats.

It has been about six month since animal control caught some of the cats and now she's at it again. The smell is really disgusting. I have small children and am afraid it will affect their health and make them sick.

I have agreement from five neighbors that this is a problem.

Is there anything I can do legally to stop this?

FarmerJ

Yes, your free to keep calling animal control in order to get them to trap more cats and reduce the population. Your free to learn if your city /county has local ords limiting the number of cats and dogs a person can have. Your free to learn from your city /county if you can trap cats that have NO collar & tags your self then take each one into a animal shelter. Your free to learn if your state/county/ city laws permit ferral cats to be shot by property owners.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">