• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors landscaping supplies on my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mdrlp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO
My neighbor asked if the could place some of thier large river rock on the side of our house while they replaced some concrete the rock lined last September. Wanting to be neighborly we said yes assuming it would be a couple of weeks or so. The concrete was completed within that time frame however it is now July and the rocks are still on my property. I let this go over the winter thinking that with the snow and cold they would take care of this when the weather was more accommadating, obviously they have not. I did ask them to move them and gave them a dead line of today, still not done. What are my options and rights at this point?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

justalayman

If they do not take care of the rocks, send them a letter telling them if they do not remove them or at least inform you of some solid arrangements to have them moved, you will have them moved and seek compensation from them for the costs. If they refuse to pay, take them to court.

The other option is to go to court first and seek an injunction from the court ordering them to remove the rocks. I don't know if small claims court in your state offers injunctive relief. If they don't, you would have to go to a court superior to small claims.

The better of the two routes would be the second one as it removes you from having to do anything about actually moving the rocks and paying the cost to do so. Plus, if you move the rocks, you have to deal with where to put them. The obvious place would be right back where they came from if you can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">