• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors and noisy kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NMWildfire

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas I have 10 kids in my block that play together and make a lot of noise. I have called the police 6 or 7 times on them for disturbing the peace. I also have asked the neighbors to quit allowing there kids to play in front of my house. This worked for a while but now they are back. I also have 2 old ladies who sit in their driveway every night for 6 months from May to Oct watching these kids and watching my house.Can I sue these neighbors or get a restraining order against them.
I have PTSD and do not want them playing in front of my house .
I tried to file harrassment charges against the women but the police said by sending them notes {even friendly ones} asking them to quit playing and sitting out that I was harrassing them.
These kids and their parents are harrassing me and my kids.
The old women also had been watching my house out their windows 24 hours a day. They knew everything we did and when we left and came home
In the summer of 2009 I tried to remain neutral and put up with it until I finally had to go out and play music in my truck to keep the kids from making so much noise. I finally had to call the police and they said I could report them for disturbing the peace. That is what I did this summer. The kids quit playing all the time but still did several times a month. But the old women watched my house every night for 6 months.

Last edited:

swrdmbo

You are kidding... right? You called the police on two little old ladies sitting outside watching the kids play...and YOUR house? Paranoid much??

And a restraining order against children to keep them from playing???

Do your neighbors a favor and move....to Alaska or some wilderness where there are no people around!!

:rolleyes:

NMWildfire

It is a case of 10 kids with no respect for other neighbors . The old women give my kids the creeps because they watch them and their friends.
This is an invasion of privacy.
We have a law suit in this town about some home owners who have an apartment complex which is being built where the tenants can look in their backyards.
No one should have to put up with invasion of privacy and people having block parties across from their house every night every summer. And it a matter of respect. I have 3 kids and brought them up not to disturb other people.
If dogs can be a nuisance so can kids. These people should have respect for all neighbors and not just me.
If I bother someone I try to stop bothering them.
Also the old women really bother other neighbors too. Would you like to be watched all day and night and every day. These are not nice old ladies or kids. I know you have the idea they are sweet kindly old women. These are mean spiteful old women and other people have told me that they are a couple. This makes me upset since my children are all girls

Last edited:

Kiawah

Set up some video cameras under your roof eaves, that way you can discretely watch them back, watching you - and record everything as well. You can see them, they can't see you.

divona2000

...the old women really bother other neighbors too. Would you like to be watched all day and night and every day. These are not nice old ladies...I know you have the idea they are sweet kindly old women. These are mean spiteful old women and other people have told me that they are a couple. This makes me upset since my children are all girls
Now the real reason you are paranoid is revealed.
And so what?
Even if they are a lesbian couple, why does the fact that your children are girls make you 'upset'?

TigerD

Why is it that so many claim things are "about respect" while not respect the rights of others?

If the OP is that unhappy with his living environment, he can move.

DC

swrdmbo

OMGosh Gail...I laughed out loud!!

And for the record OP...it is obvious you do not like these two little old ladies because you "think" they are lesbians...you certainly do not know...

If they are lesbians, they are adults and free to be so inclined.How does this jump to CHILD MOLESTERS???? If they are attracted to women that does not automatically follow that they are interested in children!!!

You have so many more things wrong with you than PTSD !! Get some help for yourself!!

OHRoadwarrior

You should be grateful the old woman watch your house. It is a free security system. Have you tried enlisting them as witnesses for the child noise complaints?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">