• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor's Running Illegal Auto Shop From Their Home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stilljoe

Hello, I own a home in Florida, my neighbors who live directly behind me runs an illegal auto repair shop out of the house. It is obvious. It is obvious that they run an illegal mechanic shop because they always different cars and always different people. These neighbors are just renting the house, I do not know who the owner is.

Anyways, ever since this tenant came, they usually have three to four cars in their backyard. They created multiple holes connecting the outside of the house into the inside, they have also connected a propane tank connecting into their house. They have tried to hide our view with large wood coverings and others things to but luckily I have taken multiple photos of what they have done before hand. They raise the cars up high with car lifts and it looks awful. Living next to an auto-shop is awful, strangers at all hours of the night.

How can I report something like this? I have tried to ask him politely what is going on but he lies. Is there a "city office" or something like that I can report this to? What would the process be to report this?

FarmerJ

call your city hall general number and ask to speak to a housing inspector /building inspector /code compliance inspector.

OK-LL

I would also call the county assessor's office to discover who the owner of the property is, and I would call or write that owner advising him how his property is being (mis)used. I can't imagine a landlord would knowingly allow his rental property to be damaged in the way you describe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">