• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbors snow plowed onto my yard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kathy070707

I live in ohio. My neighbor has a snow plowing buisness. Their driveway is approx 300 ft. long and next to my property. When we get huge snowstorms, they plow their driveway onto my side of the property It is flooded when the snow melts, can I blow the water back onto their property after the snow melts, can I push the snow back to their driveway? They keep raising the height of their driveway. I want to plant trees, but they make my yard a swamp spring and fall. Can I raise the grade of my yard and drain my lot onto their driveway? :eek:

S

seniorjudge

Q: can I blow the water back onto their property after the snow melts
A: Sure, if it is a reasonable amount. You can't cause a flood.

Q: can I push the snow back to their driveway?
A: Yes, it's their snow!

Q: Can I raise the grade of my yard and drain my lot onto their driveway?
A: No, that would be trespassing.

The best thing to do is call the cops every time this happens. The cops will eventually get tired of y'all bickering and send you to a neighborhood mediation program.

Or maybe that would be a good place to start.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">