• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor's Son Released From Prison

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I know that is a strange title, but that is the reason all of this mess is happening. My neighbor's son was released from prison, where he has been for over half of his life. Since he has been released, we have had nothing but problems. My other neighbors are even afraid to come outside anymore and everyone has armed themselves. I am saving up to move from this area because I can't stand my neighbors anymore.

My neighbor's son decided that he ran the neighborhood and he could do whatever he wanted. He backed his 27 foot travel trailer into my yard. I called the sheriffs office and he said that I would need to call an attorney. I called a land attorney and after $300 worth of advice, he told me to have the thing pulled out by a tow truck since the guy was not legally allowed to park it there.

I ended up having to pay for a survey before any towing company would come and move it. The survey showed that this trailer was clearly on our property. We called out one tow company, and the neighbor's son ran him off with the threat of violence. Later that day, he decided to try to run me off the road with my kids in the car. I filed charges and they issued a warrant for reckless driving, and driving on a revoked license. Turns out, he had spent half of his life in prison for slamming into someone head on and killed them. When he was released then, he was charged with 15 counts of armed robbery and spent more time in jail. Now he is out for society to enjoy.

We ended up having another towing company come out and they said that if he caused any trouble, they would have him arrested. When the tow truck drivers were assessing the situation and how to best pull this thing out of the yard without tearing anything up, the guy who parked the trailer in the yard came out and attacked them and my fiance. They managed to restrain him without injuring anything but his pride. After he calmed down and they let him go, he threatened me, my fiance, and my mother. The police showed up and the guy was arrested on the warrant from the previous day. As you know traffic violations are simply catch, charge, and release. I am not sure why, because he is on probation.

Since this all happened a few days ago, every time I leave my house I am followed by his family members. They have pulled in front of me and slammed on their brakes. Tried to hit me from the side, and even followed me through store. His mother is constantly video taping my house and every time I come and go. She is also video taping my kids.

Her latest stunt was today. She called social services and said I allow my children to run around barefoot outside, and that I had let them to so all summer and fall. Mind you, my children do like to be barefoot, but as a child, I spent at least 80% of my time barefoot. My yard is clean, free of glass, and landscaped to ensure that there are no stobs or any dangers for my kids.

I was out today and a sheriff deputy warned me against my neighbor's son. He told me that I needed to protect myself and my family. I have weapons, but they are for hunting purposes only. He told me that I needed to keep one handy and make sure my property lines clearly say no trespassing, just in case I needed my gun. He didn't go into further detail, but this spooked me quite a bit.

At what point does this qualify as harassment?

FarmerJ

This guys court orders conditions and every thing else is public information go find out the details and then start sending his PO certified letters re every incident. and i guess maybe you may want a cam handy in your car to record . while you also speak to your city / county atty to learn more about this.

xylene

Whn he put the trail on YOUR land and YOU had it towed at HIS expense what happened?

Oh right you are a wuss, afraid of convict.

PATHETIC.

(I don't care about your neighbors.)

Thank you very much farmer. I have pictures of them following me today.

As for being afraid of my neighbor:
When the trailer was towed, it was at my expense. I had to pay cash for the trailer to be removed. The way he put it in the yard, it cost me a pretty penny. As far as being afraid of my neighbor, you haven't seen his rap sheet. If you like dealing with sociopaths, I will be more than happy to rent you my house and you can live next to him.

Cappuccino

How about a privacy fence?

This solves:
-Trailors
-Creeping (to some degree, like walking through your yard when your unaware)

Video taping while your in public you can do anything about as its everyone's right (even yours) to do so. The right ends on private property (like at the store)

I would say the harassment began when whey were following you around. Your best bet at proving this is to video tape them. Put a rear dash cam in your car and continue recording as their own selfishness will encourage them to follow you to the store and such all while you keep it on film and add to you library of events that could put that kid back in jail.

Say all this did happen... Wouldnt the rest of the neighbors family seek revenge with you some how? are you worried about that thought? Of course their revenge could be just parking another trailer partially on you lawn again. lol

I have a privacy fence. The guy had the nerve to open my gate to put the trailer in the fence while I was at work. I just came home and found it there. The people who lived here before had an RV that they took with them on road trips, so the gate was pretty big and that area was used to store the RV. I can deal with her video taping me coming and going, as long as she keeps her video camera out of my window. She stood on my property and video taped my family eating dinner through the window. I put up black out curtains this evening. The other neighbors are afraid of this guy. This evening, when I was going out to get my curtains, the wacko next door tried to attack the 60 year old man across the street. Apparently he was outside cursing and the 60 year old man asked him if he could please watch his language, his grandchildren were there. For the most part, my neighbors are afraid of him. They all lived here when he originally went to jail.

I have resolved to the fact that I am pretty much stuck in the house for a while. After all, with a temper like that, he is bound to get himself thrown back in jail on his first trip to Walmart or the grocery store. It turns out that his entire family has a huge criminal record to share.

I am looking for a new house, but I have to sell this one before I can afford to do so. Sadly, with neighbors like that, no one is going to want to buy this house. When I purchased it, I did not think to ask about the neighbors. The neighborhood looked family oriented. Everyone had children or grandchildren and it was really peaceful. All that changed when he got out of jail. I haven't seen any of my neighbors, or their kids out since. I moved from Washington D.C. to here. Dealing with people like that, I want to go back to D.C.

The next time I purchase a house, I am going to ask if the people who lived there before had issues with the neighbors.

csi7

Put a security lock on the fence gate.

With the camera, using the black out curtain provides privacy (we have them on our front windows). We have motion sensors that come on when someone comes onto the property and have added a flash to one to come on every once in a while.

If you want to do something outside in your yard, put up a privacy screen (bamboo or shade), and enjoy your yard.

Usually when an entire family starts this kind of behavior, it often attracts the attention of the media, and this media attention can be positive at providing a safe ending to this situation.

FarmerJ

You might as well buy one extra calender and note your calls to the police on it then maintain a so called log book and take notes about each incident and feel free by all means to add a nanny cam type of vid cam system with cameras that are outside to record whom ever may come and go , I say that because it sounds as if your going to have to have alot of every thing in order to be able to do much legally when theres enough finally to fit your states harassment or stalking laws.

To top everything off, today I got a visit from the person who used to own this house. This is a small town and they heard the calls over the police scanner. Her exact words:

"He has a prison record as long as my arm. I am telling you they are one crazy ass family. I have known them for over 23 years. Becareful, they are known for retaliation. They will all sit and give thought about how to get even with you. I am not kidding here watch yourselves and your house very carefully! Do not hesitate to call the sheriff if you feel threatened or uncomfortable. I moved because I was too afraid to live here. I was in tears everyday and afraid to leave the house. I couldn't stand being alone with them around either. The day I left the house, was the day I found my dog dead on the front porch. ####### (neighbor's name, had cut his throat and left him there. "

Since then, she has gotten a concealed carry permit and is still afraid to be by herself. Yet the jail just keeps letting him out. I am really getting worried.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">