• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors sprinklers water my house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bocadude

What is the name of your state? Florida
For years my neighbors' sprinklers have watered the side of my house that I cannot see (zero lot line) unless I climb up on a ladder and look in his backyard. Years ago I had to replace masonite siding and cedar that was damaged by this watering. At the time my neighbor removed all the sprinkler heads so I wouldn't notice them while I had the damage repaired. To this day, he has plants growing in contact with my house and sprinkles them and my house for hours at a time. The rest of his yard is gravel over plastic so none of this water soaks in -- it runs under the fence between our properties, down my concrete entryway, and then down my driveway into the storm drain in the street. I've tried talking to him (he loses the ability to speak English at these times), yelling at him, (usually gets him to turn his water off), and offering to help move the sprinklers (he declines the offer). Do I start with an attorney? Do I have to have more damage before I can do anything? I've mentioned this to my home owners association and they offer nothing more than suggestions to talk to him. I'm hoping someone has had a similar experience and can suggest a course of action that will resolve this problem. Specifically, the plants should be moved and the sprinkers adjusted or relocated.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

bocadude said:
What is the name of your state? Florida
For years my neighbors' sprinklers have watered the side of my house that I cannot see (zero lot line) unless I climb up on a ladder and look in his backyard. Years ago I had to replace masonite siding and cedar that was damaged by this watering. At the time my neighbor removed all the sprinkler heads so I wouldn't notice them while I had the damage repaired. To this day, he has plants growing in contact with my house and sprinkles them and my house for hours at a time. The rest of his yard is gravel over plastic so none of this water soaks in -- it runs under the fence between our properties, down my concrete entryway, and then down my driveway into the storm drain in the street. I've tried talking to him (he loses the ability to speak English at these times), yelling at him, (usually gets him to turn his water off), and offering to help move the sprinklers (he declines the offer). Do I start with an attorney? Do I have to have more damage before I can do anything? I've mentioned this to my home owners association and they offer nothing more than suggestions to talk to him. I'm hoping someone has had a similar experience and can suggest a course of action that will resolve this problem. Specifically, the plants should be moved and the sprinkers adjusted or relocated.

**A: remove the encroaching plants and sue the neighbor.........

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">