• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbors surveillance camera

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stanaka1

What is the name of your state? California

My friend has had ongoing problems with her neighbor. Just recently, her neighbor setup a closed circuit surveillance camera on their roof pointing into her back yard. Is this an invasion of privacy? Is there any legal recourse to get the camera removed or at least pointed away from her property?

nextwife

I think a new landscape plan is called for. I envision a large pergola in a certain back portion of the yard, covered with bouganvillia or other appropriate vines.

HomeGuru

stanaka1 said:
What is the name of your state? California

My friend has had ongoing problems with her neighbor. Just recently, her neighbor setup a closed circuit surveillance camera on their roof pointing into her back yard. Is this an invasion of privacy? Is there any legal recourse to get the camera removed or at least pointed away from her property?
**A: and why are you getting involved in your friends problems?

rutica

man, homeguru, each response i read from you just proves what a jerk you are. if you don't have anything useful to say, then go outside and get some fresh air and stop polluting this forum with your comments.

HomeGuru

rutica said:
man, homeguru, each response i read from you just proves what a jerk you are. if you don't have anything useful to say, then go outside and get some fresh air and stop polluting this forum with your comments.
**A: still stuck in a rutica?

JETX

Rutie.... why are you so fascinated by HG?? Do you have this little 'love thing' going on with him??? You sure do seem to follow him around a lot and then make non-relevant posts.

I can see HG now.... "Hey, this little dog follows me everywhere. Should I keep him or have him put to sleep?"

Happy Trails

That's really uncool.

"What is the name of your state? California

My friend has had ongoing problems with her neighbor. Just recently, her neighbor setup a closed circuit surveillance camera on their roof pointing into her back yard. Is this an invasion of privacy? Is there any legal recourse to get the camera removed or at least pointed away from her property?"

***You could check with your local government and see if they can provide any answers or possibly create a solution.

HomeGuru

Happy Trails said:
"What is the name of your state? California

My friend has had ongoing problems with her neighbor. Just recently, her neighbor setup a closed circuit surveillance camera on their roof pointing into her back yard. Is this an invasion of privacy? Is there any legal recourse to get the camera removed or at least pointed away from her property?"

***You could check with your local government and see if they can provide any answers or possibly create a solution.
**A: Local government? If you are going to give advice, please be more specific as to the office or department the writer should contact in local government.

Happy Trails

Just to clarify for HomeGuru.

HomeGuru said:
**A: Local government? If you are going to give advice, please be more specific as to the office or department the writer should contact in local government.

By local government, I would not be referring to the supreme court, I'm referring to his/her LOCAL councel men/woman. If you live in a township or a city find out when the next township or city meeting is being held and have it put on the agenda so it can be discussed at the next meeting. They may have an ordinance already in the books. If there isn't, they have the position of creating one, since a town has the power to create laws within its self. Is that specific enough?

HomeGuru

Happy Trails said:
By local government, I would not be referring to the supreme court, I'm referring to his/her LOCAL cou5{f you live in a township or a city find out when the next township or city meeting is being held and have it put on the agenda so it can be discussed at the next meeting. They may have an ordinance already in the books. If there isn't, they have the position of creating one, since a town has the power to create laws within its self. Is that specific enough?
**A: yes, that's much better. And remember that the word is spelled council.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">