• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbors taking pictures of you

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FarmerJ

Are you a minor ? if not then atleast start noting the date and time on a calender as it is happening incase you must go to the police if this party begins to behave worse. Does your local PD have a community safe officer ?

chrisortina

had same problem

we called police as my neaibor was take pics of us and video us and cops said was nothing we can do..not against law ..crazy i know but thats what happen

divgradcurl

are they breaking any laws if they take pictures of you without your permisson?
Where are you when they are taking the pictures? If you are somewhere that is visible from a public right-of-way, or from a public vantage point, you have no expectation of privacy when you are out in public, and while what they are doing may be rude, it is not illegal. You can photograph anything you can see from a public vantage point, with very few exceptions.

angizolo

wer at a park right next to a house and theres this guy who hates children... people it looks like and will report stuff to the police over anything. he took my picture from his house and rode his bike to the police station saying that there was an abondend child because my little sister was on the other side of a 50 foot park with no one else it it.

FarmerJ

If she is younger yes it is true it is not a good Idea for her to be with out supervision in a park , if there is a group of her friends present she needs to have the unwanted touch and semi / full strangers talk. I would say every time this guy takes pics report it to the police even if it is after the fact. Sooner or later a officer may have the nerve to tell him that it appears he could be stalking ( as if he might be viewed by police as ped) that may be enough to get him to cease his poor choices.

dlw99

It's creepy but...

there can be no expectation of privacy in a public park.

Does this neighbor live next door? Has he ever taken a picture of you or yours while you were at home?

In what state do you live?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">