• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbors and their property line

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jennie40

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

I have a question, What rights to the community have, when you have some neighbors, causing problems? The issue is that, Lamont is an unincorporated town, and the town is just now getting water and sewage down.We have some neighbors that is taking over the road, they are putting iron poles down close to the road, and it is making traffic difficult for cars or buses to travel down the road. The neighbors own some land, but I feel they are just taking advantage like the own the road, and also the are making it hard for the workers, do put down pipes,etc. I just need to know legal steps we have to solve the issue, how do we go by getting it solve amicably.

FarmerJ

You didnt say if this was a private road or a TWP road , I would suggest first try your county zoning desk to learn what kind of fencing set backs there are , EG due to emergency vehicle traffic or things like school busses fencing must be x number feet from center of a TWP road or a county road , Its entirely possible your TWP has no ords about it and just follows the county ords. Also start calling county board members. As long as the road is a TWP road not a private road then the TWP / county may be able to send someone out and do letters to order obstructions to be moved with a threat that if its not done then it may be done by crews and billed to the property owners. BTW any owner who trys to block the crews who are doing the water and sewer main work likely will find them selfs with bigger legal problems , the odds of them stopping public utility work from going thru property they own are real low. Curious question here , was the water sewer project brought in due to septic systems screwing up well water ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">