• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors tree coming into my yard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilikoi

I live in the state of Hawaii and was wondering my legal rights regarding a 60ft pine tree on the property line in neighbors yard with branches leaning and growing into my yard by about 7 ft. It also produces lots of rubbish clogging my gutters and making a mess of my yard. Nothing will grow with all the debris. It does have rot and previous broken branches. My house is in direct line with a fall especially with vines growing up my side of it weighing it down. I worry about it coming down during the next big windstorm. They want me to pay for half when non of the root system is on my property. What do I do???

lilikoi said:
I live in the state of Hawaii and was wondering my legal rights regarding a 60ft pine tree on the property line in neighbors yard with branches leaning and growing into my yard by about 7 ft. It also produces lots of rubbish clogging my gutters and making a mess of my yard. Nothing will grow with all the debris. It does have rot and previous broken branches. My house is in direct line with a fall especially with vines growing up my side of it weighing it down. I worry about it coming down during the next big windstorm. They want me to pay for half when non of the root system is on my property. What do I do???[/QUOTE]

You search the forum archives. This issue has been addressed too many times to count.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">