• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor's tree down on my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rerdman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ILLINOIS

A large tree on the edge of my neighbor's property came down into my property after a storm. Most of the tree is in my yard. There was no damage to the fence or any other trees. Who is responsible for removal and payment for any removal services?

strongbus

If the tree was in good health and such and just fell cause of the storm, then each person is responsible for what part of the tree is in that person's yard.

In other words unless the tree was dead or dieing and you can prove that your neighbor knew this and didn't do anything to make sure that if it did fall that it didn't damage your land then you get to pay for removing the part of the tree on your land.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">