• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor's tree fell on my fence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rangerduke

What is the name of your state? VA During a wind storm 2 of my neighbor's trees fell on my property and damaged my fence. Who is responsible for the repair cost of the fence and tree removal costs?

HomeGuru

rangerduke said:
What is the name of your state? VA During a wind storm 2 of my neighbor's trees fell on my property and damaged my fence. Who is responsible for the repair cost of the fence and tree removal costs?

**A: what did your insurance co. tell you?

rangerduke

Insurance Company answers

I called my insurance company and all they offered to do was take a claim from me. They said they couldn't make any determination as to "liability" (at least the call taker said that) and that I could also call my neighbors insurance and ask them about it...basically..no help.

I did some other reading and things I have found on the internet seem to indicate that "acts of God" make the tree and damaged fence my problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">