• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor's Tree in Missouri

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunfireheather

What is the name of your state? Missouri

My name is Heather and I am new here. I am trying to find information regarding my situation. I moved into my house November of 2004. My neighbor's pine tree started dropping limbs on my driveway and then onto my husband's truck. I dropped a note in his mailbox asking him to take care of the tree. Since then he has done nothing, and now the tree is dropping sap all over my car, my husbands company car, and anyone's vehicle that comes to visit. The tree is his, but 1/2 of the tree is hanging over onto my property and is causing problems. I sent another note asking him to trim it back and he has done nothing. I do not have the $700 to trim the tree but I also cannot sit back and watch the sap stain and chip off my car paint. What are my rights? What should I do?

BelizeBreeze

Take a string and a ladder and run the string up the ladder exactly verticle from your property line to the top of the tree. Anything hanging past the string onto your side of the property is yours.

Cut that crap ....

Or, do the same, paint a line up the tree then send the neighbor a certified (RRR) letter informing him that if he doesn't correct the problem within 5 days from receipt of the letter, you will.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">