• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor's vines in our yard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Garby

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

This is not an important issue like others I've read, but I'm curious:

Some of our neighbor's grape vines grew through the wire fence and have been climbing up one of our trees, and my husband removed the vine sections that were on our property (no problem there), for fear of tree damage.
The neighbor's gardener, however, complained when hubby threw the cuttings into the neighbor's garbage can.
Who is legally responsible for the cuttings?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

drewguy

I suppose the neighbor could claim that he is entitled to the vines (say it were valuable wood). But since he doesn't want them you should toss them in your trash rather than spitefully tossing them in his.

If you get charged for each bag of trash so that this matters, try talking to your neighbor and asking him to contain his vine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">