• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor's waterline on my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

salaman

What is the name of your state? AZ

Encroachment of neighbor's water pipe on our property as explicitely ascertained by recent survey document. Neighbor very hostile & land expensive: amiable arrangement not envisageable. Can we just get her to remove pipe by sending certfied mail giving 30 day notice followed by court action (superior court?) if non compliance. Given explicit evidence, if neighbor refuses to comply - likely - can we reasonably expect court order in our favor that doesn't drag out? Alternately, rather than go to court, can we rip out pipe after 30 days without consequence? Need to sell next year. Possible?

It’s a private waterline that the neighbor, Dee, installed about 3 years ago (the waterline is from the city water meter box to the neighbor’s house). I estimate there is about 30-40 feet is inside of my property. The waterline should be outside of my property boundary and be placed on the 8 feet utility easement area next to my property boundary line. I was not at home (at work) when the waterline was installed.

There are only 4 houses (include my house) on this hillside community I live in. There is a CC&R but there is no HOA. Dee’s house is behind my house. She is running a grey water pipe in her yard, which is violating the environment law. Also she has a big old junky RV parked right next to my property boundary line for me to look at. She also bonding with another neighbor, John, to block my access of an ingress/egress easement road which I have right to use. Since, they block the access so I graded my front yard and so I can get up to feed my 2000 gallon water tank and my back yard. Then, John wrote a complaint to the county and said I did grading without permit. Therefore the county now is coming to me for questioning. I am going to meet the county next week. This other neighbor, John, is running a Reiki business from his house and place business soliciting sign in front of his house, which is also is not permitted by the CC&R and Maricopa country.

We are low-key, private and live-let-live people. Even seeing and living all these wrong doing deeds from our neighbors, we never said a word to them or to any authorities. I have been suffered from verbal brutality from Dee for at least 2 and half years. Every so often, as soon as I come out to my backyard alone, Dee will rush out and yell at me, insult me, call me names and say Fk words to me. If my husband is next to me, there will be no incident (I am an Asian woman and my husband is a white American male). I went to get an Injunction. The judge didn’t give me the injunction because the judge said to me in the court that the neighbor can say Fk words to me and insult me because that’s the FREEDOM OF SPEECH in AMERICA and she was expressing her opinion about me.

During the last 3 month, they broke down the block post pillars I built next to the property corner. They throw garbage into my yard, cut the wires that I put between the property line stakes and tempering with the licensed surveyor’s stake (I paid for the land survey). NOW, I want to build a fence to keep all the harassment out. Then now I see Dee’s waterline is on my property. Her waterline often leaks. She comes to my property; without ask permission, to fix the leak. She and the waterline is a liability to me. I don’t want to have any contact and involvement with her because I don’t want her to put false claim and say I cause the leak of her waterline in the future.

Three, four years ago, I gave her water and electricity for 8 months to build her house. This is the thanks I get today.

All you nice people out there, if anyone of you has good advice, please help me!

Last edited:

Cedrus

City water line? Shared well water line? Her own well? Mutual Water Co.? HOA involved?

Why not just tap into this line and get an extra irrigation supply line? You could probably call a lawyer and get a 10 minute free consultation. Or if you have to pay $50**************.... you might consider this.

salaman

It’s a private waterline that the neighbor, Dee, installed about 3 years ago (the waterline is from the city water meter box to the neighbor’s house). I estimate there is about 30-40 feet is inside of my property. The waterline should be outside of my property boundary and be placed on the 8 feet utility easement area next to my property boundary line. I was not at home (at work) when the waterline was installed.

There are only 4 houses (include my house) on this hillside community I live in. There is a CC&R but there is no HOA. Dee’s house is behind my house. She is running a grey water pipe in her yard, which is violating the environment law. Also she has a big old junky RV parked right next to my property boundary line for me to look at. She also bonding with another neighbor, John, to block my access of an ingress/egress easement road which I have right to use. Since, they block the access so I graded my front yard and so I can get up to feed my 2000 gallon water tank and my back yard. Then, John wrote a complaint to the county and said I did grading without permit. Therefore the county now is coming to me for questioning. I am going to meet the county next week. This other neighbor, John, is running a Reiki business from his house and place business soliciting sign in front of his house, which is also is not permitted by the CC&R and Maricopa country.

We are low-key, private and live-let-live people. Even seeing and living all these wrong doing deeds from our neighbors, we never said a word to them or to any authorities. I have been suffered from verbal brutality from Dee for at least 2 and half years. Every so often, as soon as I come out to my backyard alone, Dee will rush out and yell at me, insult me, call me names and say Fk words to me. If my husband is next to me, there will be no incident (I am an Asian woman and my husband is a white American male). I went to get an Injunction. The judge didn’t give me the injunction because the judge said to me in the court that the neighbor can say Fk words to me and insult me because that’s the FREEDOM OF SPEECH in AMERICA and she was expressing her opinion about me.

During the last 3 month, they broke down the block post pillars I built next to the property corner. They throw garbage into my yard, cut the wires that I put between the property line stakes and tempering with the licensed surveyor’s stake (I paid for the land survey). NOW, I want to build a fence to keep all the harassment out. Then now I see Dee’s waterline is on my property. Her waterline often leaks. She comes to my property; without ask permission, to fix the leak. She and the waterline is a liability to me. I don’t want to have any contact and involvement with her because I don’t want her to put false claim and say I cause the leak of her waterline in the future.

Three, four years ago, I gave her water and electricity for 8 months to build her house. This is the thanks I get today.

All you nice people out there, if anyone of you has good advice, please help me!

TinkerBelleLuvr

I would think that a permit would have been required to install the water line. Can they pull the permit to see exactly WHERE the line was supposed to be installed. If the installer placed it incorrectly, then the neighbor can go back after the installer to have them move it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">