• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New driveway dispute- please help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

puggylove

What is the name of your state? I live in the state of Georgia. Atlanta, Dekalb County. I am really hoping someone might be able to offer some advice. I'd really appreciate it. My neighbors and I are not getting along, and although I know there are 2 sides to every story, they are big troublemakers. The run a business (I imagine illegally) they live in one county, their daughter goes to public school in another, they have broken down cars in their driveway (not legal) and their house is serious disrepair. Just wanted to paint a picture for you. Anyway, today I had my old driveway removed in preparation for a new one being poured tomorrow, I hope. Already, they have confronted me and stated that if there is any runoff from my driveway, I will have serious troubles. They also said they could this would be the case even before the drive was poured. (!!) They also inquired about having a permit, which is none of their business, but the law states we don't need one to repair/replace existing driveway. I have stated to the contractor that I wish to have runoff from the top and bottom of my driveway, but I do know there will probably be some runoff onto my neighbors, who have part of their yard about 1 1/2 feet lower than my property. Also, there was a hole (not a big one, it was mostly on my side) at the bottom of my drive where it does connect with the neighbors, and I am only having my side repaired. Water has always collected at the bottom of the driveway, but without replacing the entire driveway, I imagine it will continue to pool. Can anyone help? Could I be in trouble here? Thanks so much!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">