• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new driveway easement advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimbo07

California

Currently I enter my property off a county road but my neighbor has graciously agreed to allow me to use a portion of his private driveway as an easement to gain access to my property. I offered to maintain the weeds, grass, dirt etc on my side of the driveway (Aprox. 60 foot length), up to where a new gated entry into my property will exist. My question is how should I go about getting the easement documented and recorded on both our deeds?

Is this something I can do with a legal form / template or does this have to be done by a real estate attorney?

Thanks in advance.What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

Q: My question is how should I go about getting the easement documented and recorded on both our deeds?

A: YOU hire a real estate attorney to represent YOU in this transaction.

Q: Is this something I can do with a legal form / template or does this have to be done by a real estate attorney?

A: Your question confirms that my answer above is your best answer.

jimbo07

Thanks for the quick reply SeniorJudge.

So even though it’s not a cash transaction I should have my own representation.

Okay any advice on finding the right lawyer for this? Just thumb through the yellow pages or should I be looking for something specific in the lawyer?

Thanks.

jimmler

Thanks for the quick reply SeniorJudge.

So even though it’s not a cash transaction I should have my own representation.

Okay any advice on finding the right lawyer for this? Just thumb through the yellow pages or should I be looking for something specific in the lawyer?

Thanks.
You want to look for a lawyer that specializes in Real Estate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">