• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New neighbor property line dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjpann1

What is the name of your state? CT

We lived next to our previous neighbor for 10 years. Great neighbors, quiet etc... We aggreed to placement of a few shrubs partly on his property for best appearence of the plantings. I funded these 100%.

New neighbor disagrees. Can he simply cut or remove or even worse relocate these shrubs with out my approval? Does he need to give me an opportunity to relocate them? or can he destroy them without my permission.

Happy Trails

jjpann1 said:

We lived next to our previous neighbor for 10 years. Great neighbors, quiet etc... We aggreed to placement of a few shrubs partly on his property for best appearence of the plantings. I funded these 100%.

New neighbor disagrees. Can he simply cut or remove or even worse relocate these shrubs with out my approval? Does he need to give me an opportunity to relocate them? or can he destroy them without my permission.
He has the right to do anything to the shrubs that are on HIS property. If you are such great neighbors, why can't the two of you work this out?

jjpann1

Happy Trails said:
He has the right to do anything to the shrubs that are on HIS property. If you are such great neighbors, why can't the two of you work this out?

You missed my point. Previous neighbor good. New neighbor bad etc.....

Happy Trails

jjpann1 said:
You missed my point. Previous neighbor good. New neighbor bad etc.....
You're right I missed that. He still has the right to trim, remove, transplant any of the plants that are on his property. Basically, the plants that are on his property are the new neighbors.

BelizeBreeze

jjpann1 said:

Yes he can, as you have been told.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">