• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In NJ-I share land with township....Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alnj

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

My property is right in front of a lot of land that the township aquired through eminant domain a few years back. The township put their DPW there which is now housing recycables such as leaves etc... I have called them numerous times about the condition of the property as the only thing seperating my property and theirs is a 5 ft fence. The problem is I get a ton of bugs. This week witht he warmer wheather there has been an explosion of gnats, flys etc... None of the dumpsters are covered and they refuse to put a fence extender. My family is so upset as our quality of life the past few years has just gone down. I do not know of any other town that puts a DPW on a property attached to a residential home. Our property values have gone down due to this as well. I am now concerned about a bug infestation and my kids playing in the yard.
Do I have recourse against the township for doing this to me and my family. I feel as though we have lost our home.

Thank You for your help.

154NH773

Do I have recourse against the township for doing this to me and my family.
I would first talk to a lawyer to determine whether what they did is against any law or ordinance.
You always have the option of a civil suit.

alnj

Thank You

Thank You
I will probably look into filing a civil suit... I tried to approach the council and they dismissed my concerns. It's just my family that is affected so it's easy for them to dismiss me... the entire block is me and the DPW now. I wish they would have taken my house in eminant domain as now I will not be able to sell it. That is the problem. How will I ever sell my house now!!!!!??!!!:confused:

154NH773

I wish they would have taken my house in eminant domain as now I will not be able to sell it.
They may have already "taken" your house by reducing its value through their actions. The only thing they haven't done is compensate you for that taking. Talk to a good lawyer whose speciality is eminent domain.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">