• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Easment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

45Frank

What is the name of your state? NC
Bought a piece of property for investment. While digging around and cleaning we found PVC pipe dug up out of our way and so on .
Well it went right thru the middle of the property under the house . there's no easment restrictions or whatever. My attorney says all is clear do what you want. The owner of the property rents it out and says the pipe is for the water that he is buying from someone down the road. They say I am responsable for repair and moving it if it's in my way. Am I liable at all ? I have found out the rented property is to small for a well to meet county standards and municipal water is miles away.

HuAi

Ask the other owner if he has any documentation permitting him a utility easement across your yard. If he doesn't offer to sell him one along the edge of your property if he pays for the agreement, relocation fees, + your loss of use for land

45Frank

The two lands are owned by relatives, the one with the pipe was owned by enother relative at one point. None have said anything about papers or easements. I found a 40 foot easement along all the properties here but they're not even close to it.
The county says that if they put anything in it (40 feet)there's all kinds of restrictions surveys and documentation that needs to be done. They want me to pay for this, it could be thousands then it all has to be done by licenced contractors thousands more. The county says this could cost $5000.00 plus on their end. I was just looking to see if anyone else has had simular problems.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">