• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no show

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ralph31

Tennessee

At my last court appearance, the opposing lawyer failed to show and I was given a default judgement. Later their lawyer asked the judge to reverse the judgement so that lawyer would not have to appeal to a higher court. The judge pushed me into having the judgement set aside for a rehearing in his court. I went along with it.

Later, the opposing lawyer and I reached a settlement, but the opposing lawyer took my signed document, whited out and modified a clause and filed same without my knowledge of the changes he had made. Believe me, I let his client know what his lawyer had done when I discovered what he had done on receiving a bill from the court.

Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">