• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noise Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

namaduc

I live in California.
I live next to a Food Market that until recently I had no issues with. Within the last 6 months their cooler has begun to make a horrible screeching sound everytime it cycles on (it is located on the roof) . This cycling is on for 20 sec off for 10 - it does this 24/7. I've contacted the market but have not received a response, I've contacted the city and although they have responded it has not been to my satisfaction. Their solution is for me to install double-pane windows and add insulation to my walls, as well as move my bedroom to another part of the house.

Really? I've been living at this location for 4 yrs. and not have had a noise issue until recently. Since I can't get the city to intervene in this situation, I wonder what legal outlets I may have. I'm sleeping with the windows closed and with a fan running on high.

This has greatly affected my quality of life.

Thank you for your advice / help in advance.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">