• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noisy Bar

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jamesn71

St. Charles, Missouri.

I Live in an unincorporated residential nieghborhood that backs up to a commercial road of small town here. A cigar shop/bar/ bocce ball business has recently been built behind me and every night it's a party and I loosing my patience. I'm not unreasonable but my peace is being disturbed. No more to enjoying a nice cool night with my windows open. I can even hear the music and crowd with the windows shut.

Since they are on commercial property in a city that I am not part of, am I out of luck complaining? Do I complaint to my County Sheriff's Department or the City Police Department or what might yeild me the best results. Maybe I should speak to the business first. His business seems to be booming so I doubt he will want to turn down the ambiance.

FarmerJ

Your best bet may be to verify what if any ords for business operations, noise etc are at both county and ( city -county- township ) level then once you know those answers you can more effectively nudge law enforcement to act accordingly since you also would have the option of qouting the law to them politely. as far as Jurisdiction goes if you have complaints that warrant dialing 911 note the time of day and date , since its in same county.

LdiJ

St. Charles, Missouri.

I Live in an unincorporated residential nieghborhood that backs up to a commercial road of small town here. A cigar shop/bar/ bocce ball business has recently been built behind me and every night it's a party and I loosing my patience. I'm not unreasonable but my peace is being disturbed. No more to enjoying a nice cool night with my windows open. I can even hear the music and crowd with the windows shut.

Since they are on commercial property in a city that I am not part of, am I out of luck complaining? Do I complaint to my County Sheriff's Department or the City Police Department or what might yeild me the best results. Maybe I should speak to the business first. His business seems to be booming so I doubt he will want to turn down the ambiance.
You do have a real problem. The business is properly located in a commercial area and is behaving exactly how a business of that nature would be expected to act. For the business to behave differently could/would cause the business to fail and cost a considerable amount of money to the business owner...maybe even his entire life savings. Yet, at the same time its understandable that you are upset that your piece is being disturbed.

Do you have any ideas as to how to resolve the problem in a way that would be fair to both the business and yourself?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">