• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noisy Neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shoelace

What is the name of your state? NY. I own a co-op apt. and my upstairs neighbor,who is a rental, is making my life miserable,she and her son make so much noise all the time, day or night, the kid does not walk, he runs and jumps all the time; she plays music very loud and makes all kind of noise 24/7. I have complaint to her and to her landlord but it continues the same, please tell me what to do. Thank you.What is the name of your state?

FarmerJ

So what time is considered quiet time by local law for disturbing the peace ? 10 pm ? 11pm ? excessive noises after that time call the police and make a report , get report file number. Other wise talk with your board about what would be involved with sound proofing between you and this nieghbor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">