• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noisy Neighbor keeps thumbing his nose at the court system and Ordinances

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NewCarlisle

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio Clark County, New Carlisle

I have a new neighbor, September 2007, two young boys purchased the property next to us. Since they have moved in our quiet little neighborhood has been turned into a 24/7 garage that I believe is a home business, Loud parties into the wee hours of the morning, loud yelling and screeming, motorcycles, going up and down the streets and sidewalks at high speeds. Motorcycles and cars in the garage which is no more than 25 feet from our bedroom windows. I was threatend by one of their guests, to top it off the one boy just lost his job at DELPHI so evernight is party night. There have been two arrests for violating City of New Carlise Noise Ordinances, but it seems as these are just minor misdemeanors they pay a couple of hundred dollars fine, and they are back at the bad acts the very next night.

I have talked to a number of my neighbors concerning the noise everyone admits it is bothersome, however no one wants to get involved at this point. My wife and I talked to one of the boys/homeowner a few weeks after they moved in about our concerns, and copied him on our City Ordinances on noise. I do not want to move as this home has been in our family for almost 60 years, we were very happy until these two neighborhood terrorists moved in. They are scary and can be intimidating problem is I used to work in Law Enforcement and am not scared of them, we have had trash thrown in our yard, and as both yards are enclosed by privacy fences, it was apparent to the Deputy where it came from and he made them come over and clean it up. I tried talking to them about our right to quiet enjoyment of our home it went on deaf ears. I have a diary of all events that have taken place times ,dates, pictures, videos, copies of arrest reports, copies of incident reports..

WHAT CAN I do

Last edited:

FarmerJ

Keep on the police and take the time to learn at what point the number of citations it takes to be charged with something else OR what the magic number is that would require a court hearing and make a judge mad enough to up the fine to a point of being painful . Also work on your city /town council to beef up any ords that are weak pertaining to noise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">