• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noisy Neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paigow

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
i have neighbors about 2-3 houses down that play loud music all night with their garage open until the sun comes up. I called the cops twice now and it only makes matters worse. Cops show up and the music along with the people in the streets is quiet for about 15 mins then the music and people is even louder then before.
what is the best way to handle this problem? twice now the cops have not done nothing but to make matter worse.

cyjeff

If the music goes back up in 15 minutes, then you call the police again in 15 minutes.

That is your means of controlling the situation... through the police.

Eventually, the police will issue enough citations where the noise level will drop.

paigow

what is the laws about loud music? i feel i live in a neighbor hood of scared people or that they just don't want to cause problems cause unless i missed it i don't think nobody else calls the cops on them.
how loud does the music have to be before i should call the cops? im about 2-3 houses down on the other side of the street and its keeping me up and night.

cyjeff

what is the laws about loud music? i feel i live in a neighbor hood of scared people or that they just don't want to cause problems cause unless i missed it i don't think nobody else calls the cops on them.
how loud does the music have to be before i should call the cops? im about 2-3 houses down on the other side of the street and its keeping me up and night.
If you can hear it at your house and it is after a reasonable hour (10 or 11 pm), call the police.

If the only thing that happens is that they lower the volume so that you can't hear it (but your between neighbors can), your problem is still solved, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">