• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not so friendly neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ChihuahuaMom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

my 21 y.o. daughter is buying her first house (also in hubby's name ) . She isn't even in the house yet and neighbors are not being friendly. This is a HUD home so things have to be fixed before she officially moves in. Last week she had the electrician over to do what needed to be done and the neighbor across the street came out and told him he had to move his truck ! Being a nice guy the electrician did . A couple days later a friend stopped by to see the house and the same neighbor told her she couldn't park there. There was no place to park in front of my daughter's house . My daughter had to go out so when she came back there was a cone in the parking spot. My hubby was talking to our next door neighbor and told him what ha ppened and the neighbor said that couldn't be done. ( Neighbor is chief of Police ) Hubby went over today and knock on the door to talk to the neighbor to try to make sure this doesn't blow up before she gets into the house. They wouldn't come to the door so my daughter was told next time they tell her to move the car for her to tell them to call the police .

ANother neighbor (next door) seems to have decided that they wanted a bigger yard. They put a fenced right up against my daughters house. The realestate agent said there should be so many feet between houses. So it looks like we are going to have to get a survey done also. My husband tried to talk to them also and they didn't answer the door either. You know they took liberties because the central air is on that side of the house and I don't think the neighbors would let a central air unit be put on thier property. I hope this works out for my daughter.

Thanks for any insight
Sandy

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

my 21 y.o. daughter is buying her first house (also in hubby's name ) . She isn't even in the house yet and neighbors are not being friendly. This is a HUD home so things have to be fixed before she officially moves in. Last week she had the electrician over to do what needed to be done and the neighbor across the street came out and told him he had to move his truck ! Being a nice guy the electrician did . A couple days later a friend stopped by to see the house and the same neighbor told her she couldn't park there. There was no place to park in front of my daughter's house . My daughter had to go out so when she came back there was a cone in the parking spot. My hubby was talking to our next door neighbor and told him what ha ppened and the neighbor said that couldn't be done. ( Neighbor is chief of Police ) Hubby went over today and knock on the door to talk to the neighbor to try to make sure this doesn't blow up before she gets into the house. They wouldn't come to the door so my daughter was told next time they tell her to move the car for her to tell them to call the police .

ANother neighbor (next door) seems to have decided that they wanted a bigger yard. They put a fenced right up against my daughters house. The realestate agent said there should be so many feet between houses. So it looks like we are going to have to get a survey done also. My husband tried to talk to them also and they didn't answer the door either. You know they took liberties because the central air is on that side of the house and I don't think the neighbors would let a central air unit be put on thier property. I hope this works out for my daughter.

Thanks for any insight
Sandy
Part of the problem with dealing with neighbors is actually the DEALING with the neighbors. Clearly these neighbors have taken over.

Your daughter needs to do what needs to be done here. Have the survey done so that the yard can be properly accounted for, and tell the neighbor who wants to claim the parking in front of their house to call the police if they aren't happy when someone else parks there.

Other than that, did you have another question?

OHRoadwarrior

Had a neighbor do that to me when I lived in Texas. The first time I moved the traffic cone into her yard. The second time I drove over it. When she called the police I explained she must not have wanted it she kept leaving it in the road. They apologized for waking me up and left.

ChihuahuaMom

Part of the problem with dealing with neighbors is actually the DEALING with the neighbors. Clearly these neighbors have taken over.

Your daughter needs to do what needs to be done here. Have the survey done so that the yard can be properly accounted for, and tell the neighbor who wants to claim the parking in front of their house to call the police if they aren't happy when someone else parks there.

Other than that, did you have another question?

Thanks SandyClaus, we just told my daughter to do that but I am thinking that since she is just a "youngin" and they are "elderly" I think they are just putting her in place to let her know who is boss. I just hope a feud doesn't start before she even gets in the house. I haven't been to the house to talk to any neighbors but me being one to try to do things that will be fair to all parties ( Libra here can you tell ? LOL ) and I think they are afraid that she will be having lots of "parties" since she is so young.
Thanks
Sandy

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Oh, she is buying the house. Since she was doing some stuff with it, I figured she had already purchased. My mistake.
It does seem strange to me that she is doing all this work on a house that she doesn't even own...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">